Monday, January 19, 2009


Our bamboo countertops are coming along...
They arrived at the UPS facility about 45 minutes away from here. Chris went and picked them up in his truck and I help him haul the 3 huge slabs of wood into the house. Ugh, super heavy! He is cutting them up and gluing them together and sanding them and is now in the process of treating the wood. Above are the before/after treatment pictures. I think it looks so much prettier after the treatment. Of course, this is just the first third of the countertops, but I am excited to see the progress. The big hole is where the sink is going to be. *Sigh* a sink in the kitchen! That sounds REALLY awesome right now! ;-)

1 comment:

Ryane said...

I can't wait to see everything you guys do to the house! Chris is really a master handy man! I might need him to come to my house...is he available for outside contracting ;-)