A week at home! Freddy and I traveled via train on Good Friday to KC where the rents picked us up. I was a little nervous about the 5 hour train ride with a toddler but he was a really good boy. We had a lot of space around us, thankfully, so he could run around a little bit and not annoy anyone too much. We were right at the front of the train so we got to hear the whistle "whoo whoo" a lot. Chris helped us get on the train with our huge bag and then he ended up helping some other people put their bags away and almost ended up going with us - the conductor dude had to hold the train for a second to let him off. Lesson learned - don't do long goodbyes on the train! Our week in St. Jo was good. We didn't do a whole lot - a little shopping and a lot of eating and I mostly enjoyed Freddy playing with my parents while I was more lazy than usual. Freddy caught a cold (I suspect on the train) so he was a little crabbier than normal and we had to take him to the emergency care clinic place Thursday because his temp was up so high - turned out he had an ear infection, so he is still on antibiotics. I guess I should be grateful he waited until 21 months to get an ear infection because they are not fun. We didn't take the train back since he was sick and crabby - my parents drove us halfway to meet Chris. When Freddy saw Chris for the first time in a week he started hugging him and didn't let go for a straight ten minutes - which is a super long time for him to do anything. It was so cute.
Sunday, April 07, 2013
A week at home! Freddy and I traveled via train on Good Friday to KC where the rents picked us up. I was a little nervous about the 5 hour train ride with a toddler but he was a really good boy. We had a lot of space around us, thankfully, so he could run around a little bit and not annoy anyone too much. We were right at the front of the train so we got to hear the whistle "whoo whoo" a lot. Chris helped us get on the train with our huge bag and then he ended up helping some other people put their bags away and almost ended up going with us - the conductor dude had to hold the train for a second to let him off. Lesson learned - don't do long goodbyes on the train! Our week in St. Jo was good. We didn't do a whole lot - a little shopping and a lot of eating and I mostly enjoyed Freddy playing with my parents while I was more lazy than usual. Freddy caught a cold (I suspect on the train) so he was a little crabbier than normal and we had to take him to the emergency care clinic place Thursday because his temp was up so high - turned out he had an ear infection, so he is still on antibiotics. I guess I should be grateful he waited until 21 months to get an ear infection because they are not fun. We didn't take the train back since he was sick and crabby - my parents drove us halfway to meet Chris. When Freddy saw Chris for the first time in a week he started hugging him and didn't let go for a straight ten minutes - which is a super long time for him to do anything. It was so cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment