Friday, April 25, 2014

 Getting ready for the Easter Egg Hunt.
 Saddest boy in the world.
 At least he got some smarties.
 And to play at the playground.
Best part of the day: going in the ambulance.

So mom and dad came up for Easter weekend and to stay a few days extra during the week when Chris was out of town.  The parents and I went to the local Easter Egg hunt Saturday and it was a complete debacle.  I had Tattles so I was going to record a video and my dad was taking photos with his big camera.  Mom was on getting Freddy out to the eggs duty, except the announcer lady told all the parents to "hang back" so the kids could get out there and get the eggs, and she actually believed her.  So when they say "go!" all the other parents run out there with their kids (this is the 0-2 age group mind you) and start loading up their kids baskets and my mom nudges Freddy out onto the field and he just stands there as all the eggs are snatched up.  I had to stop the video, give the dog to my mom, and run out there and help him get TWO eggs for his basket before they were all gone.  Some of these kids had like 20 eggs in their baskets because their parents were just shoveling them in.  How fair is that?  Ugh.

No comments: