The bathroom floor is coming along! It looks pretty impressive, doesn't it? Well, apparently the kind of tile we got means the grouting is going to be a major pain. See, there are holes in the travertine tiles, so you can't grout it like you normally would, because then the grout would get in all the holes and would look terrible. I have a feeling it's going to be quite some time before the floor is actually DONE. But hey, it looks pretty much done so I'm happy.
2 comments:
I love travertine! From what I've read, you're supposed to leave the grout in the natural fissures and holes of the tiles... if you dug it out, water may seep through. For a smoother look, maybe try an unsanded grout? I dunno if that would be resilient enough for a floor tile tho. If it were me, I'd do a grout that was similar to the darkest color variance in the tile.
Very Nice! looking forward to seeing all the renovations in person.
Post a Comment