Monday, May 25, 2009

I be Jammin'.

So like I posted earlier, we have a LOT of strawberries this year in our garden. I've been picking them and giving them away and finally decided to bite the bullet and figure out how to make some jam. I was nervous about all the boiling of the jars and such, but with Chris' help it really wasn't too bad! We got all the goods yesterday at the local hardware store and made jam in the afternoon. Chris and I had it on our toast this morning for breakfast and it's actually pretty good! Yay, jam! Next mission, canning tomatoes. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Ryane said...

Aren't you a Susie Homemaker?? Great job Becca. My mom makes great jam and hopefully I'll keep the tradtion alive too! Pomegranate is her specialty!

Frederick Grier said...

I can only make toe jam....maybe one day I'll be as domestic as you :)