Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!!
Chris and I traveled through pouring rain last Wed to get to St. Joe and see my parents. We hung out and played dominoes that night and headed over to Becky's gorgeous new house the next morning for our annual Grier-Svuba Christmas brunch on Christmas eve. This year the Redden family joined us so Becky definitely had a houseful, although they have so much space now it was no problem at all. It was a great time with food and lots of friends - and I definitely have house envy of her new place!!
That night the rents and me and Chris headed out in a snowstorm to church and then came home and opened presents. Dad fell in love immediately with his new down vest we gave him, and I think mom got new inspiration for a "Margaritaville" tree after she opened the new ornament I got for her from Jimmy Buffet's place in Vegas.
Chris got clothes mainly and a new saw, which he was really excited about. My favorite present was the Harry Potter treasure chest, which is all 7 books in hardcover in a treasure chest. Um, YAY!! :-) The snow continued that night, and on Christmas we drove through the constant snow and wind for 4 hours to get to Chris' sister's house.
We opened presents there that night and had fun watching the kids enjoy their new presents. Then the next morning we drove through MORE snow to get home. Lots of driving but a very good Christmas.



No comments: