This week we had a guy here to put a beam up in the kitchen where the wall used to be, and to start work on the posts in the basement for more support. It was a very loud week, but he did a great job. Chris has been working this weekend on replacing the wiring so we can have lights on the first floor again. Apparently the wiring he replaced was all from the original house - called knob and tube - and was probably a little dangerous. Now we are waiting on U City to come and inspect the holes in the basement so our worker guys can put the supports in. I love the new kitchen already, it's so much brighter and airier.
1 comment:
Explanation needed! I didn't know you guys had plans to take down the kitchen/tv room wall. What's the big plan with that space? It's going to be really nice to have a more "open" feeling kitchen I'm sure. Can't wait to see more in-progress pics!
Post a Comment