Saturday, August 15, 2009

Maggiano's sux; Mary Poppins doesn't!
So my friend Mike was in town this week and Thurs we got together and ate at Maggiano's on "The Boulevard". I already kind of don't like this place, but eating there Thurs night just confirmed I'm never going back there.
First of all, they made us wait forever for a table, then our food took about 45 minutes to get to our table (oh and mine was even later than everyone else's), and the last straw was that I ordered the lasagna and the choices under it were "Marinara or meat sauce". Doesn't that imply that if you get "Marinara" there will be no "meat"? I mean, why even bother giving us a choice of sauce if "Marinara" still means your lasagna comes to your table with bits of hamburger strewn throughout it? Come on! I like to think of myself as a pretty laid-back vegetarian, but there was no way to pick around the meat on this one. SO, when my lasagna arrived 10 minutes after everyone else's, I had to make them take it BACK so I could wait longer to get a meatless meal I didn't even want! UGGGGGGH!!! I am now a Maggiano's hater. Don't go there! Good thing the company was good cause the service and food wasn't. Blllh.
Ok, on to the good stuff - Mary Poppins!!!!
Last night I went to Mary Poppins at the Fabulous Fox Theatre. I wasn't really sure what to expect, since it's been forever since I've seen the movie and I've never seen the stage production, but it ROCKED! If you are in St. Louis, you should definitely go see it. The songs were all fantastic, the sets were amazing, the dancing was meticulously done, and the special effects were so cool! At one point during the chimney sweep song, Bert walks up one side of the stage, tap dances UPSIDE DOWN across the top of the stage, and walks back down the other side! Ummm, what? Very very cool. The child actors were also very impressive - I can't imagine being that young and being in pretty much every scene of the play. All their voices were spot-on and the costumes were so colorful! *Sigh*. I really liked it. Hooray for good theatre!

1 comment:

Blockmeister! said...

Hate Maggiano's? Not me. I love, love, love that place.... I do agree that they make you wait too long for a table. Generallly speaking - they have been very busy every time I have been there. The service once seated has always been great. I do agree that Marinara should not have meat in it if it say Marinara or meat sauce. Sorry you had a bad experience..... It's an Italian Steak House, so wouldn't expect to make a vegeterian very happy.....