Monday, August 24, 2009


So let me tell you a little story. Last Thursday, I went over to a friend's house for my fantasy football draft. I was pretty late getting home, by Chris standards (about 10:30) and my hubby had already gone to bed. So I pull into the garage, get out of my car, and attempt to open the door to the basement, whereupon I realize it is locked. Hmpf.
So I think, hmmm, I can either call Chris and wake him up and make him come unlock the door, or I can get the spare key outside and unlock the front door. Being the sweet wifey that I am, I decided to try the latter. Well, the key unlocked the deadbolt but not the actual handle of the front door. Arrrgh.
So at this point I decide I have to wake Chris up. I call him on his phone and it goes to voicemail after 2 rings. Whaaaa? Hmmm. So I continue to call, as well as knock on the door and ring the doorbell. Nothing happens. So I see that our bedroom window is open, so I decide to yell up there. "Chris!!! Christopherrrrrr!" Nothing. I'm trying not to yell too loud, cause our neighbors are right next to us and their windows are open too.
This is starting to turn into one of those frustrating situations that you can't actually believe is happening to you. So I decide to get the flashlight from my car and shine it into our upstairs window. Again, no movement from upstairs. My final resort was getting Tattles' squeaky ball from the backyard and throwing it up against the bedroom window. Let me tell you, I felt pretty ridiculous doing THAT at 11 o'clock at night. And even that didn't work!!!
So I decided to go to Walgreens and get a contact case and solution and called my friend Theo and asked him if I could sleep in his spare bedroom. Luckily, he had just gotten off work and he lives close by so I jetted on over there. Thank you, Theo!
Unbelievable. Chris apparently sleep "awesome" and didn't even notice I wasn't home until about 6 AM when he woke up. His phone was messed up so it never rang. Uh-huh. He felt awful, of course, and made me dinner that night and bought me some chocolates and pistachios and picked some flowers from our garden. I told him he should send Theo a thank you note as well, cause if I would've had to have slept in the car I would've been much more upset about the whole thing. Oh, and apparently there are keys to both of the front door locks in the garage, he just hasn't gotten around to showing me where they are! Sheesh.

2 comments:

Blockmeister said...

Bad Chris!

Kathy Mathiesen said...

Oooops! I apologize on behalf of my little bro.